Sunday 25 July 2010

The 'Rest' Week

We make it to the week I've been looking forward to for ages - the rest week! The training programme requires four evening rides, alternating between 10 miles and 5 miles. So on Monday we went down to Turf and back. It was wet but we were relieved that Ant's knee seemed fine. A saddle alteration proved unhelpful so it's going back to where I started! On Tuesday just a five mile hop down to Countess Weir and back through Marsh Barton. It was wet again, but I finally have my mudguard back, thanks Ant! Wednesday should have been an easy ride out to Topsham, but it was horribly windy and I struggled to keep my bike in a straight line and had awful trouble with my balance again...not good just one week before the start of the big trip! Ant had fitted his bar bag though, another step nearer to being ready. Finally on Thursday we repeated Tuesday's 5 mile ride. Ant adjusted his gears successfully leaving me very impressed! This week I feel more sleepy and achy than I have done for ages - I just hope the 'rest' will pay off next week...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Amanda!
    I've enjoyed reading about your progress and I can't wait to read all about the main event when you come back; you sound like you've put in a great effort and I'm sure you'll have a ball!
    -I'm a month behind you with my training for L2P…and eagerly awaiting my turn for a rest week!

    From a fellow crazy Devonian,
    Hayley
    hayleyl2p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete